GDS Compressor Upgrade
GDS CH-09/10/11/12 Compressor Upgrade Installation Instructions
- Remove the compressor housing from the rest of the turbo by removing the large snap ring and pulling the housing straight off.
- Using a 3/4' 12pt socket hold the exhaust wheel while removing the shaft nut. The shaft nut is "left-handed (reverse thread)".
- Slide the old compressor wheel straight off the shaft.
- Remove the exhaust shaft by lightly tapping it with a rubber mallet.
- Cover or plug up all holes in the center/ bearing housing so no metal gets inside during machining.
- Chuck up the bearing housing in a machining lathe and machine out the pocket. Machine it out to at least 3.420". The depth does not change.
- Blow metal shavings off remove plugs or covers.
- Reinsert the exhaust wheel and make sure the shaft seats and spins freely in the center/bearing housing.
- Slide the new wheel and torque the shaft nut down.
- 12 point nut = 125 inch lbs.
- 6 point nut = 135 inch lbs.
- Make sure the wheel spins freely before installing the new compressor housing.
- Install the new compressor housing and make sure it sits flat before installing the large snap ring. DO NOT INSTALL ANY O-RINGS!!
- Install the large snap ring and make sure it sits all the way in.
- Make sure the turbo still spins freely and does not drag.
Call us if you have any questions or problems
Gillett Diesel Service 800-638-4679
© 2021 Copyright Gillett Diesel Service Inc. infused with wisdom. the wize.works framework.